Are you looking for a delicious, fresh meal that can be made quickly? If so, you’ll enjoy my quick garlic butter Oven baked Tilapia. The classic blend of garlic, lemons as well as butter that has been melted, along with some paprika. This simple meal is a hit! It’s also prepared within 20 minutes.
What Is Tilapia?
Tilapia is a prevalent species of fish found all over the globe and utilized for a variety of dishes. It’s simple to cook and versatile about how you cook it and what flavours it is served with.
A big reason that people love it so much is its soft but firm and soft texture. The fish can break off when you bite it, but it is still moist and tender.
Also, it has a light flavour in comparison with other varieties of seafood and fish. This is what makes it easy to combine different components and flavours.
Some say this is a distasteful species of fish. There are a few sweet tastes, distinct Ocean-like, dishy notes, with a slight sea-like undertone.
The colour also transforms into a stunning pinkish-white hue after it’s been cooked. It’s an attractive fish that can provide good single, double or family meals.
How Long To Bake Tilapia At 400 In The Oven?
When the oven has been set to 400 degrees F Tilapia shouldn’t take more than 10 to 15 mins to bake before being ready for consumption, but as the time of baking may be different, it is recommended to determine the degree of doneness using the use of a thermometer for food.
ADJUST BAKING TIMES ACCORDING TO WEIGHT AND THICKNESS
Though you’ll have to bake your Tilapia in an oven at 400°F, the baking duration will differ based on the size and weight of your fish. For instance, an 8-ounce fish fillet of Tilapia, which is around an inch thick, should bake for between 7 and 8 minutes. If your fish has a thin layer, take a look after five minutes. If the fillet is thicker, let it cook for a couple of minutes.
The temperature should be 140 degrees Fahrenheit once it’s properly cooked. To ensure that the fish is fully cooked, follow this cooking time chart for reference:
- 4 minutes for a 4- 6 OZ fillet which is about 1/2 inch thick
- Six minutes to prepare a 6- 8 1 oz fillet, which is 1/2 inch thick
- 7 minutes to cook the 8-10 oz filet, which is 1/4 inch thick
- 9 minutes to prepare a 10- 12 1 oz filet that’s more than 1/2 inches thick
Ideally, the fish will appear transparent throughout after you cut it. If the fish is still translucent in the middle or is more floppy than firm, the fish needs baking for an additional few minutes.
Tips And Tricks – How Long To Bake Tilapia At 400 Degrees
- If you’re making use of a whole tilapia fish to obtain fillets the fish, look over this guide. This is an excellent detailed guide for the top ways to prepare and methods.
- There is the option of using whole Tilapia in this recipe. If you do, apply the 10-minute rule (see earlier). Also, it is a good idea to rub salt on the interior of the fish when the fish is butterfly-flied.
- If you’d like it to be more hearty, spice up this dish by adding diced vegetable chunks to the roasting tray. The best choice is to select fast vegetables, such as asparagus, onions, or broccoli stems. They can be seasoned with your garlic butter sauce if you’d prefer.
- The ideal accompaniment for the recipe is Peruvian Fried Rice or these easy Steven Universe Fried Fries. If you want something a bit more delicious, Try the recipe for my Homemade Garlic Bread recipe.
One serving: 1 fillet: 224 calories 10 g fat (6g saturated fat) with 106 mg cholesterol. 2g carbohydrate, 304 mg sodium (0 sugars, no fibre), 32g of protein.