New documents released by the FCC have revealed the dimensions, weight, and running temperatures of the PlayStation 4.
At first glance, the first thing you notice is that the PS4 is in comparison to the PS3; however, it’s also a bit more compact. For those who haven’t had the chance to see the PS4 in action and in person, here are a couple of numbers that will give you an impression:
The size of the PS4 is 275 x 53 x 305 millimeters and weighs around 2.8kg (6.17 lbs). It’s considerably lighter than the big PS3, which weighed 5kg (11.02 lbs), and a little less heavy than the smaller PS3, which was 3.49kg (7.7 lbs).
It is also interesting to note that the operation temperature for PlayStation 4 is five to 35 degrees Celsius. It is also substantially more relaxed than the PS3, designed to operate between 35 to 45 ° Celsius. If you remember, the PS3 could also reach a temperature above 60 degrees, which caused the famous Yellow Light of Death.
Although it’s not a 100% guarantee that the PS4’s low operating temperature could decrease the chances that a similar problem will occur, making your new console an attractive weight of paper.
What is the Weight of the PS4 Weight in Box?
In selecting a gaming console when choosing a gaming console, you must consider the weight. But the PlayStation 4 comes in various versions, and the amount of weight that comes with a PS4 depends on the performance. This is the approximate weight for each model:
- The initial PlayStation 4 is known for its basic style, design, and features. Its weight PS4 initially varied from 6.17 (2.8 pounds) to 7.2 pounds (3.3 kg).
- The PS4 Slim is another model that is well-known for its elegant appearance. However, the model’s size is considerably lighter than the previous model, making it more lightweight and compact to integrate into a gaming system. The PS4 Slim weighs in at PS4 Slim, ranging from around 4.6 pounds (2.1 kilograms) to 6.1 pounds (2.8 kg).
- However, on the other hand, PS4 Pro is a slightly heavier device compared to other models. It is made to improve gaming performance and has 4K gaming capabilities. It weighs from 7.2 pounds (3.3 Kg) to 7.9 pounds (3.6 kg).
What components are responsible for the weight of a PS4?
The elements that make up the PS4’s weight PS4 include:
- Main Processor Main Processor: The PS4 has a single-chip customized processor with an x86-64 AMD Jaguar CPU. The processor comprises eight cores, and the AMD Radeon(tm) GPU engine powers its GPU.
- Memory: PlayStation 4 contains 8GB of memory for GDDRS.
- Storage PS4 has a 500GB hard drive to store data.
- DVD/BD drive: PS4 has a Bluray Disc (BD) that measures 6 CAV and a DVD drive with 8 CAV.
- Input/output PS4 is equipped with super-fast USB (USB 3.1 Gen1) ports and USB ports for AUX.
How heavy is the PS4 Slim?
PS4 Slim is lighter than other models, such as the Original PS4 or PS4 Pro. It weighs around 4.6 pounds or 2.1 kilograms. The lower weight makes it much more mobile and easy to maneuver.
What’s the Weight of the PlayStation 4 Game Disks weigh?
The weight average of a PS4 games disc weighs around 16 grams. But if the game is new and in the original box, packed in a plastic tube, the total weight of the disc is about 95 grams.
How heavy is the PS4 Slim Weight? PS4 Lightweight Comparison with PS4 Models?
The weight of the PS4 Slim falls within the spectrum from 4.6 pounds (2.1 kilograms) up to 6.1 pounds (2.8 kilograms). The other side is that the PS4 Pro weighs a bit heavier. PS4 Pro weighs slightly heavier and varies between 7.2 pounds (3.3 kilograms) and 7.9 pounds (3.6 kilograms). While there is a difference: the PS4 Pro is typically more serious than the PS4, it’s still a feasible option regarding image quality.
What are the main factors that affect PS4’s Weight?
There are a variety of factors that influence the mass of the PlayStation4 console. These include:
- The mass of the PS4 is determined by the internal components of the console, such as graphics cards, cooling systems processors, and cooling systems. The inner parts add up to the overall weight. Consoles that have higher performance results with a less heavy console.
- The shape and dimensions of the console have a direct impact on the weight of it. Bigger consoles usually weigh more because of the extra materials needed to keep the console in good shape. Smaller and more compact designs tend to weigh less.
- The strength and weight of the PS4 are influenced by the materials used to make it.
- Adding additional features and accessories, such as wireless Wi-Fi Bluetooth along with two USB 3.0 add weight to the console that significantly affects PlayStation 4 weight.
- Bigger storage consoles such as the PS4 require extra hardware that can add capacity to the PS4.