Learn to modify the payment method you pay for subscriptions, such as iCloud+ and Apple Music applications purchased from the App Store and other Apple media purchases.
If you update your address, the credit and debit card details associated with an Apple ID might be automatically changed through your financial institution, so you do not need to do anything. However, if you have a problem, create a new account and remove the previous card.
Change your payment method to either your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch the Settings application.
- Enter your name.
- Tap Payment & Shipping. You may get asked to log in using the details of your Apple ID.
- Select Add Payment Method. Select the payment method you want to use and then press Done.
- Tap Edit.
- Click the delete icon near the original payment method. Tap the delete button.
Set up a payment option on your Mac.
- Open the App Store.
- Select the name of your choice. If you don’t see your name, Click the Sign In button. Login with an Apple ID, then click the name you want to appear.
- Click Account Settings.
- Under Payment Information, Select Manage Payments. (If you’re running an older version of macOS, then click edit next to the Pay Type.)
- Click Add Payment.
- Input the details of your payment method. Then click Done.
What can I do to modify the Apple ID payment method on a Windows PC
If you’re on a Windows PC or an older Mac, updating the payment method you use with iTunes is possible. To do so:
- Open iTunes.
- Click Account on the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Select View My Account – Manage Payments. If you’re using an older version of the iTunes edit option, click Edit in the Payment Type section.
- Select the Add Payment button, and then enter all the specifics.
- Select Done.
Change the payment method online.
In the past, you could modify your payment method online by logging into appleid.apple.com or dedicated websites to Apple services, such as music.apple.com or tv.apple.com; Apple now only lets you edit and view the payment method you use through devices running Apple devices.
After signing in at appleid.apple.com, hit the “Continue to Device ” link to allow Apple to notify you of your Apple device. Tap or click the notification on your phone, and you will be directed to your device’s settings for payment & Shipping settings.