Now is the right time to end your Microsoft account. It could be that you created it and never used it. Perhaps you are worried about privacy implications. It doesn’t matter what reason you have; all that matters is how to delete your Microsoft account. This is the topic we’ll be discussing today.
Microsoft accounts allow you to access many services such as Outlook, Skype, Office, and Xbox Live. We all know that many options are available for most of these services. In some cases, they may even be better than the Microsoft offerings. In the end, deleting your Microsoft account can be the best way to protect your privacy.
Before you decide to go ahead, ensure that your Microsoft account is closed. You will lose access and all your OneDrive documents, Skype messages, emails, and other communications if you do. If you own an Xbox, you will also lose access to your Gamertag. This includes the games you’ve purchased and your progress. You will also lose access to the money stored in your Windows Store account.
Things to do before deleting your Microsoft account
Some loose ends may need to be tied up before you can get rid entirely of your Microsoft account.
- Cancel subscriptions You will not be able to access these services after the deletion.
- Create an automated email forward. If your email address ends in hotmail.com/outlook.com/live.com/msn.com, your emails will not be accessible after the 60-day waiting period. You have two options: you can manually notify people that the account will not be deleted, or you may set up vacation replies.
- Spend money. Microsoft account money is gone. Spend any moola left on the account to buy items that you can keep even after being deleted. Skype credit will also disappear.
- Your stuff is safe: If you have a Microsoft Account, it’s possible that OneDrive tempted you to save files or Outlook emails. If you do not back up your account data elsewhere, it will become unavailable. Be aware that purchased games through Microsoft accounts will still be playable. However, you will lose your Gamerscore, saved game progress, and your Gamertag. Music purchased with an Xbox Music Pass cannot be accessed.
- Take care of sub-accounts. Your child’s account will remain open even after you delete it. However, they will require another parent account to consent to logging into Windows 8 or later on a Windows phone or Xbox.
- You must turn off reset protection before you delete an account. If you don’t disable reset protection, your device may not be available after the account is deleted.
How do I delete a Microsoft account?
Sign in first to the Microsoft account site to delete a Microsoft user account.
If you’re already signed in, click on “Account.”
Select “Manage account” from the top-right corner of the screen.
Follow the prompts and click “Delete my account.”
Why can’t Microsoft allow me to delete an account?
This is a question that we often get. Microsoft accounts are used to access all our apps and services like Office 365. Xbox Live. Outlook.com. If you want to stop using these services, you’ll need to delete your account by contacting us here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus
If you don’t use any Microsoft apps, there is no reason to maintain your account.
How do you delete a Microsoft Account from your Samsung phone?
To delete a Microsoft Account from your Samsung smartphone, open the settings menu. There, you’ll be able to view all of your accounts. Next, select the Microsoft account you want to remove and press the “Remove” button.
Do you need a local removal?
Another method to delete a Microsoft Account, or all Microsoft accounts, from your local system is to reinstall Windows. This is something you might do every so often. This will clean the entire system, give your computer a new start and increase performance.
It will also protect your computer from viruses, spyware, and other malware. It will also increase your boot speed for the first few weeks. You can select only the Microsoft account that is most important to you by doing so.
For more information and assistance, visit the following websites.
How to Delete a Microsoft Account – Alphr
How to Completely Delete a Microsoft Account and Remove It …
2 Options to Remove a Microsoft Account from Windows 10 …
How to close and permanently delete your Microsoft account
How do I delete a Microsoft account? [Solved] 2022 – How To’s …
Windows 10 – Remove a Personal / Corporate Email Account
How do I remove a Microsoft account from my phone?
How to remove your Microsoft Account from Windows 11
How to Delete your Microsoft Account – All Things How
How to Close a Microsoft Account – wikiHow
How to Permanently Delete a Microsoft Account: 4 Steps
How To Delete a Microsoft Account – Help Desk Geek
How to Remove Microsoft Account From Windows 10 ?
Add or remove a Microsoft account on an Xbox console
How to permanently delete your Microsoft account – Windows …
4 ways to remove Microsoft account or Local … – Cocosenor
7 Best Ways to Remove Microsoft Account from Windows 10
How to delete your Microsoft account? Step-by-step guide to …
How do I close my account for Skype?
How to delete a Microsoft account – Holygamerz
How to Remove Microsoft Account From Windows 10 – Techbout
How do you delete a Microsoft account? – Quora