GIMP is a free image editor that you can download for Windows and Mac. GIMP is among the most potent graphic editors for raster images with brushes and tools to edit pictures, draw, touch-ups, conversion, etc.
If you want to be an artist or change the photos you have taken using sophisticated photo editing tools, switching to costly and complex devices such as Photoshop is unnecessary.
There are numerous great options with a significantly lower price. For instance, take GIMP as an example. It is entirely free and open source. When you download GIMP and install it, you can perform anything from basic tasks, such as resizing images, or things more complex, like taking out the background and cutting the image.
Is Gimp Good for Beginners?
It’s true, GIMP is a fantastic choice for novices. Besides being a safe download choice, GIMP is a free and open-source software for editing images with a wide array of functions and is very easy to master. Numerous tutorials and resources are available online to help newbies begin to master GIMP.
Is GIMP Safe To Download On My Computer?
Because GIMP is open-source software, security is a significant concern. Anyone can make any changes within the program and release it on their website. You can insert viruses or Malware into the software.
It is essential to be cautious when downloading GIMP on your personal computer. You can safely download it to your computer when you download it through gimp.org. This is the official site which allows you to download the program. Utilizing Malware (also known as Virus Detection Software) is also necessary on your personal computer.
Is GIMP Legal?
GIMP is legally legal as well as secure to download and install. It’s an entirely free, open-source program licensed with the GNU General Public License (GPL). It is licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). GPL is a non-exclusive software program license that grants users the freedom to use and explore the software, share it, and modify it.
What Is GIMP Used For?
Here are a few ways to use GIMP:
- Edit photos differently, including cropping, resizing, altering the color balance, and removing imperfections.
- Make many designs for images comprising flyers, logos, and posters.
- Edit and create internet-based images that include icons, buttons, and backgrounds.
- Make and edit 3D models.
- Edit and create animations.
- Examine and process scientific images.
Is GIMP Free?
It’s true; GIMP is free. GIMP is regarded as FOSS, a free and open-source software. It’s free to download and use. Developers can make their custom software using its software. If you genuinely enjoy it and wish to help it grow and develop, you can donate to the developers of it through Patreon. In contrast, you will have to pay $9.99 monthly for Adobe Photoshop to the extent you plan to utilize it.
Installing GIMP on Windows :
Following the steps below, you can install GIMP( GNU IMAGE MODULATION PROGRAM ) for Windows :
Step 1: Go to the official GIMP website with any internet browser.
Step 2: Click on the download button.
Step 3: A new page will be opened; now select GIMP to download GIMP immediately.
Step 4: Search for executable files in the downloads folder on your system and launch it.
Step 5: You will be prompted for confirmation for you to change your system. Click on Yes
Step 6: The subsequent screen allows you to pick the language you want to use for your setup. I want to select and then select OK.
Step 7: After setup, you will begin to customize, allowing you to modify the basic design.
Step 8: The following screen will show the License Agreement; click Next.
Step 9: The next screen displays a menu of selecting components. The components have been labeled, so do not modify anything. Just click the following button.
Step 10: The following screen asks for the Desktop Icon if you want the application on Desktop. Make sure to tick this column, then press the Next.
Step 11: The configuration is complete and in place to install. Click on Install.
Step 12: Once this step is completed, the installation will begin and can take between 2 and 5 minutes, depending on the speed of your computer and the specifications to finish the installation.
Step 13: Press the Finish button when the installation is completed.
At this moment, GIMP has been successfully installed on the system. An icon has been created for the Desktop.
Then, run the application and check out the interface.
Congratulations!! You can install GIMP on your Windows operating system.
What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages Of GIMP?
After you’ve downloaded GIMP, There are a myriad of benefits and drawbacks to be aware of as follows:
Advantages of GIMP
- It’s available for free download and installation, and the source code can be found for everyone to review. GIMP is a highly secure and reliable alternative to paid photo editing software.
- It provides various options for modifying images as well as layers, masks, brushes, and filters. GIMP is a highly versatile tool that can be utilized to accomplish many jobs.
- Another benefit of GIMP is that it can be altered to satisfy each user’s preferences. This is due to the possibility of changing the interface, including additional plugins, and making individual brush styles and brushes.
- GIMP has a vast and active community of developers and users. This community offers help and assistance to GIMP customers and helps users keep the software’s version up to date.
Disadvantages of GIMP
- There is an education curve, especially for those unfamiliar with image editing. There are plenty of tutorials and online resources that can help users learn how to make use of GIMP.
- The interface of GIMP can seem difficult for novices, but it does not offer the same features that other popular image editing software applications.
- However, it is less potent than other famous photo-altering software. This is because GIMP is not secured and is open-supply which means that it will offer the exact resources as a commercial software business.
We hope our article has provided you with the information to make an informed choice regarding GIMP’s security of the GIMP download.