Jeff Zucker is a well known media that are us. Other than this, he previously served as president and CEO of NBCUniversal. Zucker served being an executive in residence at Columbia Business School. Tune in bio and explore more about Jeff Zucker’s wiki, bio, age, height, weight, spouse, children, net worth and many more details about him.
Who’s Jeff Zucker?
Jeff Zucker is definitely an American news executive who currently serves as the channel head for ‘CNN.’ Regarded as the most effective US professionals, he had quite a stint that is controversial ‘NBC’ before he joined ‘CNN.’ While at ‘NBC,’ Zucker took some revolutionary choices that took the viewership of the channel to the level that is next. Probably the most idea that works he pitched for ‘NBC’ ended up being reuniting the cast of ‘Friends’ for the subsequent seasons and expanding the show’s air time.
He’s credited for effectively managing certainly one of the network’s premier shows, ‘Today,’ with 16 years of rating dominance. But, Zucker’s decade that is final ‘NBC’ was a failure, due to the fact community witnessed a significant downfall in its viewership. His leader ended up being commonly criticized by a number of media homes. Zucker then resumed his career with ‘CNN.’ The network flourished and became the second-most-rated channel in the US under their leadership. With ‘CNN,’ too, Zucker was involved with a total great deal of things. He worked on building it as a channel that is news-based towards the youth. Nevertheless, he news that is still prioritized for ‘CNN.’ Zucker is a cancer tumors survivor and functions as a board member at several charitable organizations.
Jeff Zucker Height & Weight
How tall is Jeff Zucker? He stands at 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 71 Kg. Jeff Zucker has dark locks that is brown dark brown eyes. Moreover, Jeff’s human body measurements are 42-32-38.
Jeff Zucker Bio, Age & Early Life
How old is Jeff Zucker? He was born on 9, 1965 in Homestead, Florida, U.S. april. He is 56-yrs old. He had been born into a family that is jewish Homestead, Florida, near Miami, on April 9, 1965. His father, Matthew, had been a cardiologist, and his mother, Arline, was a educational school teacher.
Jeff Zucker Wiki
Genuine Title Jeff Zucker
Nick Name Jeff
Famous As Media Executive
Age 56-years old
Birthday 9, 1965 april
Birthplace Homestead, Florida, U.S.
Zodiac Sign Taurus
Height approx. 5 ft 10 in
Weight approx. 71 Kg
Body Measurements approx. 42-32-38 inches
Biceps Size 24 inches
Eye Color Dark Brown
Hair Color Dark Brown
Shoe Size 16.5 (US)
Wife Caryn Stephanie Nathanson
Net Worth $23 million – $25 million
Jeff Zucker Wife
Whom is the wife of Jeff Zucker? He’s married with Caryn Stephanie Nathanson, then a manager for Night Live, IN 1996 saturday. Couple is also endowed with four children. In July 2018, Zucker took a leave that is six-week of from CNN to cure heart surgery.
Family & Personal Life
Zucker’s daddy, Matthew, had been a cardiologist, while his mom, Arline, was a academic school teacher.
In 1996, Zucker married former ‘Night Live’ supervisor Caryn Stephanie Nathanson saturday. They’d four children. In 2018, rumors suggested they were separating january.
Zucker was diagnosed with colon cancer tumors at ages 31 and 34. Both the proper times, he underwent surgeries. He underwent chemotherapy after the diagnosis that is first. He’s recovered completely now. In 2018, Zucker had to offer up his ‘CNN’ leadership to recoup from the heart surgery july.
Zucker acts as a board member during the ‘Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center,’ ‘Temple Emanu-El,’ the ‘Robin Hood Foundation,’ the ‘American Film Institute,’ the ‘Paley Center for Media,’ while the ‘Museum of the Moving Image.’
Jeff Zucker Net Worth
How much is the worth that is net of Zucker? He became president of CNN Worldwide on 1, 2013 january. In 2016, CNN reached a average that is monthly of million unique site visitors to its web and mobile properties. His worth that is net is to be $23 million – $25 million.
Jeff Zucker Career
- Zucker joined ‘NBC’ in 1986, as a researcher for the 1988 ‘Summer Olympics’ report. In 1989, he became a industry producer for the ‘NBC’ talk show ‘Today.’ He had been made its producer that is executive in. He was just 26 at that time, which made Zucker the administrator producer that is youngest in the reputation for the show.
- Being an executive producer, Zucker introduced the show’s trademark rock that is outside show and contributed to its change to the “Window on the World” ‘Studio 1A’ at the ‘Rockefeller Plaza’ in 1994.
- In 2000, Zucker became the ‘NBC Entertainment’ president and oversaw the channel subsequently’s complete activity schedule. He is credited for introducing some of the channel’s high TRP-rated programs, such as ‘Fear Factor’, ‘Las Vegas,’ ‘Law & Order: Criminal Intent,’ and ‘Scrubs.’ He was also responsible for negotiating using the cast of the cult series ‘Friends’ for its tenth season, introducing several extensive episodes (regarded as the most phase that is profitable ‘NBC’), and bringing in Donald Trump on the truth show ‘The Apprentice.’
- Zucker successfully introduced “supersized” (longer than the typical slot that is 30-minute episodes for many comedies and sitcoms on ‘NBC,’ to compete with other cable sites. It led other channels such as ‘Bravo’ to create changes to the slots of their shows being high-rated.
- Zucker became the president of the channel’s ‘Entertainment, News & Cable Group’ in 2003 december. He became the president of its ‘Television Group’ in May 2004, after a merger utilizing the news which can be french ‘Vivendi Universal.’
- Unfortuitously, across the time, Zucker faced some major failures which are commercial interestingly, for the shows he supported, such once the ‘Friends’ spin-off ‘Joey’ and ‘Father of the Pride.’
- The CEO of its ‘Universal Television Group. on December 15, 2005, ‘NBC’ named Zucker’ The channel’s studio operations, and its worldwide distribution as the CEO, Zucker’s obligations included all the programming over the organization’s TV properties. He became the CEO and also the president of ‘NBC Universal’ on 6, 2007 february.
- In 2010, ‘Los Angeles Times’ reporters Meg James and Matea Gold criticized Zucker’s decision to reschedule the late-night shows of Jay Leno and Conan O’Brien, saying that ‘NBC’ had seen a autumn that is drastic their leadership. They even dubbed the intra-network that is ongoing plus the ensuing public relations fallout as “one of the biggest debacles in television history.”
- That decade witnessed Zucker’s public image experience, as ‘NBC’’s reviews dropped drastically. However, the channel’s downfall did not affect Zucker’s profession in any real way, that was harshly pointed out by ‘The New York Times’ columnist Maureen Dowd.
- In just one of Dowd’s articles, she asked how Zucker, who was viewed as the network’s ”Napoleon,” had never bothered to develop the shows and or manage talent. Even his exploits of calculating benefits that are cost-per-hour money-making skills could perhaps not save the channels’ downfall. She revealed that certainly one of Zucker’s colleagues had called him an case that is right for being the ”most destructive media administrator ever to exist.”
- According to a ‘New York Post’ report, posted on 2, 2010, ‘NBC’ had offered money to Zucker to give up ‘NBC Universal’ shortly after ‘Comcast’ had obtained the majority of the shares of the company june.
- Following the ‘NBC’ debacle, Zucker teamed up with ‘NBC’ alum and former ‘Today’ host Katie Couric and became the producer for her daytime talk show on ‘Disney-ABC Domestic Television.’ He, however, left the show to use up an position that is administrative ‘CNN Worldwide’ on January 1, 2013.
- During his stint with ‘CNN,’ Zucker saw success aided by the purchase that is documentaryBlackfish’ and ‘Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown.’ In 2014, ‘CNN’ canceled one of these shows, ‘Piers Morgan Live.’ Zucker and ‘CNN’ experimented with some programming that is factual the primetime slot, targeting the younger demographics. The test boosted the channel’s daytime and viewership that is primetime and also by October 2014, ‘CNN’ became the second-most-viewed channel within the primetime slot, behind ‘Fox News,’ overtaking ‘MSNBC.’
- In 2016, ‘The Hollywood Reporter’ named ‘CNN’ the news headlines channel that is tenth-most-trafficked.
- In March 2019, Zucker was pronounced as the headlines and sports unit chairman for ‘CNN,’ with the task of overseeing ‘Turner Sports,’ ‘Bleacher Report,’ and ‘AT&T SportsNet.’
Jeff Zucker Facts
Jeff Zucker participated in Northwestern University’s National High School Institute program for journalism, before college.
Zucker explained that he wanted CNN to appeal more to regular viewers of factual networks, and make larger investments into the network’s properties which can be digital.