Matiss Kivlenieks, a citizen of the United States, was Matiss. Matiss Kivlenieks was also a Columbus Blue Jackets goalie. He was struck in the chest by a firework while sitting in a hot tub at his daughter’s Hawaiian-themed Hawaiian wedding. You can listen to the song in bio.
Matiss Kivlenieks age
What was Matiss Kivlenieks’ age? It is unknown when he was born. He was also only 24 years old at the time of his death. He is American citizen and of mixed ethnicity.
Matiss Kivlenieks Early life
Matiss was born in Riga (Lettonia) on 26 August 1996. His siblings and parents have not been revealed to the media. He was very passionate about sports from a young age. His family supported him in his decision to play professional sports.
Matiss is not willing to share details about his education. We know that Matiss has graduated from high school, and was also studying for ice hockey. He was professionally trained as an ice hockey coach and has gained a lot from that experience.
Matiss Kivlenieks Cause of Death
According to Michigan police, Matiss Kivlenieks, a 24-year-old Blue Jackets goaltender, died in a fireworks explosion that occurred in a Detroit suburb on July 4, 2021. Kivlenieks was visiting Manny Legace, Blue Jacket goaltending coach. Sabrina was to be married that day. Police say that a mortar-style mortar firework tilted slightly, and began to burn toward people at the Novi, Michigan celebration. An autopsy revealed that Kivlenieks died from chest trauma due to an errant fireworks mortar blast. This was not the case as first reported by police.
Police stated that Kivlenieks had slipped on concrete and struck his head while trying to escape a firework malfunctioning. The death of the Latvian-born star is believed to have been an accident. Jarmo Kekalainen, Blue Jackets GM, tweeted that life is precious and fragile. Today is the day to hug your loved ones. RIP Matiss. You will be greatly missed.
Matiss Kivlenieks Height and Weight
Matiss Kivlenieks was 6 feet 2 inches tall. He is 6′ 2″ tall and weighs in at 81kg. Matiss Kivlenieks, Columbus Blue Jackets goalie, had similarly white hair and black shimmery eyes.
Wiki Matiss Kivlenieks
Real Name Matiss Edmunds Kivlenieks
Nick Name Matiss Kivlenieks
Famous Ice Hockey Player
Age 24 years old (Died).
26 August 1996, Birthday
Death Date: July 4, 2021
Birthplace Novi in Michigan, U.S.
Zodiac Sign Leo
Approx. 6 ft 2 inches (1.88 m).
Weighing approximately. Weight approx.
Approx. Body Measurements 44-32-38 Inches
Biceps Size 23 Inches
Eye color Dark brown
Black hair color
Size 15.5 (US).
Single Girlfriend/Dating Partner
Net Worth 2 Million
Matiss Kivlenieks Girlfriend & Wife
Matiss Kivlenieks’ girlfriend? He hadn’t yet married and didn’t have a spouse. Matiss kept his private life very secretive and has not shared any details about his relationship life. He often skips asking questions about his girlfriend.
Matiss Kivlenieks – Career
Matiss Kivlenieks was a Prizma Riga player in the 2011-12 season. Kivlenieks was selected to the First All-Star Team and won the League’s Player and Goaltender of the Year awards.
Matiss started his ice hockey career with Prizma Raiga in 2011. He was a part of the team for one game and earned 9.52 GAA. He left Latvia for the North America Junior League, where he joined the Forest Lake Lakers of the Minnesota Junior Hockey League. He was awarded First All-Star Team, Goaltender and Player of The Year in the United States Hockey League for 2016-17.
He finished his professional career at Sioux City Musketeers, and was even undrafted. He was a Blue Jacket player against the Cleveland Monsters. He was recalled multiple times to Blue Jackets in the season 2019-20 before making his NHL Debut. They won the match against New York Rangers with 31-32. He also had a.969 save rate.
Matiss Kivlenieks Net worth
What was Matiss Kivlenieks’ net worth? He was a Latvian professional hockey goaltender, who played for Prizma Riga of the Latvian Hockey Higher League. His net worth was $2 million in 2021.
Matiss Kivlenieks Facts
- Sabrina Legace was married to Nick Howell on July 4, at Nick’s house.
- Sabrina Legace (a nurse) and Nick Howell (a realtor), invited their guests to a Hawaiian-themed Hawaiian wedding on July 4, 2021.
- Kivlenieks was in the hot tub at Legace’s family home when a firework went off.
- Legace’s hot tub and swimming pool face the lake behind their Novi house.
- Sabrina Legace is a Grand Rapids nurse who married Nick Howells at Nick’s Novi home.
- The Hawaiian-themed party took place in Legace’s backyard, near the pool.
- Police in Novi, Michigan said Monday that Matiss Kivlenieks, a 24-year-old Columbus Blue Jackets goaltender, was killed after he hit his head during a Fourth of July fireworks incident.
- At the Nationwide Arena in Columbus Ohio, a temporary memorial to Kivlenieks was set up. This is where the young Latvian hockey player played. He wore the 80 shirt.
- In tribute to Kivlenieks, we left balloons, flowers and candles as well as teddies, teddies, and hockey sticks.
- After declining to return to Latvian hockey, Kivlenieks was drafted to the Ohio team and made his NHL debut in January 2020.
- It was a “tragic accident”, but the Blue Jackets did not give any details.
- One mom from Cleveland shared photos of her son with Kivlenieks via Instagram. She said that her son met him at various Monsters team functions.