Google chrome happens to be the top frequently used browser to search for information. It isn’t always easy to complete your task of searching information by hand because the address bar in the Chrome browser is located at its top default. To reach the address bar on the top, you’ll require long thumbs, or you can move your address bar in Chrome to the lower part of the browser to make it easier.
How to Move Chrome Address Bar to the Bottom of the Screen
Moving the address bar in Chrome to the lower-left corner of the Android phone’s display is straightforward. Before you start the procedure, make sure to note the warning about the feature being evaluated through Google’s web browser. There’s also a possibility that you’ll lose your saved data or experience issues with the security or privacy of your information.
Follow these steps to move the Chrome address bar towards the lower right-hand corner of your screen:
- It is necessary to start Chrome on your Android smartphone. Chrome search engine on the Android smartphone.
- Within the address bar on the Chrome web browser, enter ‘chrome://flags”, then press Enter. Or click select the Search icon.
- After typing chrome://flags, you’ll then be taken onto the Experiments page in the browser. You can go through the experimental warning before going further.
- To begin this process, you must locate your search bar on this page to type “Chrome duet” and then click Enter.
- Choose the Chrome duet option from your search results and select the default option to open your dropdown menu.
- Within the menu dropdown, you’ll find several choices, including “Enabled” and “Home-search-share which are identical, as they both have the same button layout that includes home, search, and share too. However, the ‘Home-search-Tab’ has a different configuration for the button. The share button is replaced by the option of viewing all open tabs. The ‘NewTab-search-share’ option is the same as the ‘Enabled’ option. There is a slight distinction between the tab’s position and the first icon.
- You can also select the choice based on your preference regarding the buttons on the address bar’s bottom.
- After you’ve decided on the layout of the buttons, You must select the option “Relaunch” at the bottom of the page to make the modifications.
- Finally, you can Restart Chrome to verify if you’ve been capable of moving Chrome’s address bar towards the lower part of the screen.
- You can follow these steps to shift the address bar in Chrome towards the bottom. But, if you’re uncomfortable with these modifications. You can always change the address bar back to the default settings.
Move Chrome Address Bar to Bottom on Android
First, start Google Chrome on your Android phone to enable Chrome home mode on Android. Google Chrome browser on Android phone, and then follow the steps as follows:
1. Open Chrome Browser on Android.
2. The default address bar position is at the top of the browser.
3. Touch the Chrome Address bar.
4. Enter chrome://flags to display all the flags for Chrome.
5. This will add this feature to the Google Chrome Flag list into the browser.
6. Search for home using the search bar, and then go to search.
There is an option to search just beneath an URL bar. Chrome Flag Home Search
Now, you will see the Chrome Home flag in your search results with the default setting.
Click on the default to alter your setting. Chrome Home Flag Set it to Enable
7. Choose “Enabled” to enable “Chrome Home” on the Google Chrome browser.
8. Click the RELAUNCH button to restart the browser.
9. You might still see the chrome address bar that is on the top.
10. Restart the Chrome Browser by typing chrome://restart. Chrome browser on an Android phone.
Chrome Address Bar Bottom
When you restart your Chrome browser, you’ll notice that its chrome address bar moves to the lower right corner of the browser, from the high up. The tab and setting icon in the browser Tab and the Setting icon are also moved to the bottom together with the address bar.
How to Move Chrome Address Bar to the Top of the Screen
After changing your Chrome address bar’s location from its default location to the bottom of the screen, it is possible to go back with the settings you used previously. We know that it can require some time for you to adjust with the address bar located at the bottom, and that’s why we’ve listed the steps you need to follow to relocate the chrome address bar up to where it should be.
- Go to Google Chrome and type Chrome://flags in the URL bar, then tap Enter.
You will be taken to the Experiments page in the browser. | How To Move Chrome Address Bar To Bottom
- You must search for ‘Chrome duet’ using the search flags section in the upper right-hand corner of your page.
You need to find the search box, search for ‘Chrome Duet,’ and then press Enter.
- click on Chrome Duet’s menu, and select the option ‘Default.’
- Then, click the button ‘Relaunch’ at the bottom of the page to apply the changes.
- It is possible to reboot Google Chrome to check the Chrome address bar has been moved up to the top.